Welcome Melissa Blyth. Melissa is a yoga teacher, certified health coach + lifestyle photographer who empowers mothers and babies through yoga medicine, conscious parenting, organic whole foods, contemporary bohemian living, + lifestyle photography. From a very young age, she has been captivated by people’s life experiences through narrative and photographs. Now, as a besotted mother to her 3 year old muse- who lives and breathes the art of storytelling- she has come to appreciate even more the richness, magic and healing power of stories and images. Documenting the artistry of every day motherhood and family life through photography and journaling has become a way for her to connect to beauty and truth in the sacred, the silliest, and the most ordinary of moments.
It is in the sweetness and challenge of motherhood and family that Melissa has awakened to her deep calling to bring mothers together in circle. After the birth of her daughter she experienced a taste of how collectively we can empower each other to awaken to our true nature, our voices and ultimately our power. And now almost four years later, she is ecstatic about bringing her passion for motherhood to life through La Luna Mama- an extension of La Luna Social. La Luna Mama where we gather in a space of Radical Listening and weave a tapestry of ancient wisdom into modern life through connection, laughter, dance, music, song, images, stories, ritual, devotion, healing and play.
Gatherings are intended for women to share their experiences of all things MOTHER. Motherhood is about co-creating. Conscious Mother Circles give us an opportunity to join in sisterhood; to nourish, voice and guide ourselves to our inner knowing so that we may parent from a more confident, clear and centred place:
- Experience Radical Listening- speak your truth and be heard without judgement
- Awaken to the ancient wisdom of the womanly arts- see your value, feed on your desires, acknowledge yourself and discover pleasure
- Discover and nourish your true nature; what are the things that feed your soul as a woman and as a mother
- Simplify life and parenting by coming back to your intuition (innate wisdom), Shakti (power), and unconditional love
- Learn to parent and mother yourself, and heal the past
- Embrace your sacred feminine and masculine energies
- Understand and integrate connection with Shakti power
- Parent from a connected, confident, loving place of grace and power
- Reveal your playfulness and creativity
- Experience the profound sense of support and belonging in a circle of fierce sisterhood
- Hold others and be held in a raw, vulnerable, fun, and sacred space
"I see motherhood as a path to rising- and raising- ourselves. It is the ultimate awakening to our true nature. In the process, we have the opportunity to liberate our children from the weight of our expectations and empower them to blossom into their most authentic selves. Our children are not only our teachers, they are our gurus; the ones who are here to awaken, elevate, inspire, liberate and transform us.
We are all meant to shine. When we shine, our children shine. I invite you to gather; that we might discover and integrate our radiance together. Shed your worries, fears and need to control it all. Learn to let go, share your selves, discover how sweet it is and simply PLAY. "
Melissa Will be holding our first La Luna Mama Circle on January 14th 2017 from 2-4pm at the Dharma Temple in Vancouver.