A NEW MOON GATHERING AROUND KRIYA YOGA TECHNIQUES AND TEA CEREMONY.
TO RSVP PLEASE email firstname.lastname@example.org for location details.
One of six traditional KRIYAS, Hatha yoga pradipika Trataka is defined as "looking intently with an unwavering gaze at a small point until the eyes begin to tear, is called Trataka by the great teachers".
Shloka 2.32 of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika states "Trataka eradicates all eye diseases, fatigue and sloth and closes the doorway to these problems". Some of the benefits associated with Trataka are:
- Improves eyesight and vision.
- Improves concentration, intelligence and memory.
- Excellent method as preparation for mantra meditation.
- Enhances self-confidence, patience and willpower.
- Develops greater work efficiency and productivity.
- Calms the mind and provides inner peace and silence.
- Brings greater clarity in mind and improves decision-making ability.
- Helps to overcome mental, behavioral and emotional ailments.
- Provides stress relief and deep relaxation.
- Deepens the sleep and cures sleep related disorders such as headache, insomnia, nightmares, etc.
- According to Gherand Samhita (shloka 5.54), Trataka promotes clairvoyance or perception of subtle manifestations